arbieroo

Arbie's Unoriginally Titled Book Blog

It's a blog! Mainly of book reviews.

Nonlinear Time Series Analysis
E.E. Cummings
Progress: 110/1102 pages
The Complete Plays and Poems
E.D. Pendry, J.C. Maxwell, Christopher Marlowe
She Stoops to Conquer and Other Comedies (Oxford World's Classics)
Henry Fielding, David Garrick, Oliver Goldsmith
Progress: 76/448 pages

Reading progress update: I've read 23 out of 397 pages.

The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome - Tony Attwood

Opens with the "new" (2006) official assessment/diagnosis criteria for use in the USA and a critique of it. He's critical of most of the changes and the dropping of the term "Asperger's Syndrome." I agree on all points and note that Britain appears to to have ignored these changes for the most part.

Where-as in the USA the official term is "Autistic Spectrum Disorder", in the UK we have "Autistic Spectrum Condition." The UK version is marginally better in that I don't feel in the least "disordered", merely different. "Condition" however kinda has associations with illness - but I certainly don't consider it a disease. Unofficially everybody is still using "Asperger's Syndrome" because it's abundantly clear that it's less pejorative and people with the diagnosis prefer it: You can call me "Aspie."