arbieroo

Arbie's Unoriginally Titled Book Blog

It's a blog! Mainly of book reviews.

Beyond compare: Art from Africa in the Bode Museum
Progress: 683/792 pages
Introduction to Topology
Bert Mendelson
Progress: 10/224 pages
Four Revenge Tragedies: The Spanish Tragedy, The Revenger's Tragedy, The Revenge of Bussy D'Ambois, and The Atheist's Tragedy
Cyril Tourneur, Thomas Kyd, Thomas Middleton, George Chapman, Katharine Eisaman Maus
Progress: 176/464 pages
Progress: 7/180 pages
Complete Poems, 1904-1962
E.E. Cummings
Progress: 488/1102 pages

Reading progress update: I've read 129 out of 192 pages.

Top 10 Berin 2018 - Jürgen Scheunemann
It's been an eventful day!

I vomited on the plane...while it was still refuelling, before we moved a centimetre. For no clear reason.

I was so fed up of being covered in my own vomit that - hang the cost - I'd get a taxi straight to my hotel.

But the Berlin Marathon had closed numerous streets and I got dumped who knows where? Well, probably the taxi driver, but between his English and my German, all I understood was the cause, not where we were or how to get to the hotel.

I briefly admired the in-line skater marathoners - the runners go tomorrow - then using impressive (?) adulting and map-reading skills got to the hotel, observing that there was a LEGO shop only one block away.

Said shop was impressive, with a model Brandenburg gate taller than me and a "life-size" R2D2 model. Also several built displays of actually purchasable sets, the most impressive (to me) being the gigantic UCS Millenium Falcon. Also the famous Brick Wall of pick-a-brick loose pieces for purchase and much else besides in a not very big by local standards shop.

On the other hand, i need a new pair of trousers due to previously mentioned vomitous experience. Berlin men's fashion appears to consist of:

Jeansjeansjeansjeansjeansjeansjeansjeans running gear, more jeans and formal wear.

Now I'm back in the hotel, telling you that this book (and it's pull-out map) saved my bacon. Never before have I truly desired a smartphone.