arbieroo

Arbie's Unoriginally Titled Book Blog

It's a blog! Mainly of book reviews.

Brian Attebery, Ursula K. Le Guin
Claudio Chiuderi, Marco Velli
Progress: 3/250 pages
Brian Attebery, Ursula K. Le Guin
Progress: 359/700 pages
Selected Short Stories - Conrad (Wordsworth Classics)
Keith Carabine, Joseph Conrad
E.E. Cummings
Progress: 108/1102 pages
The Complete Plays and Poems
E.D. Pendry, J.C. Maxwell, Christopher Marlowe
She Stoops to Conquer and Other Comedies (Oxford World's Classics)
Henry Fielding, David Garrick, Oliver Goldsmith
Progress: 76/448 pages
Gravitation (Physics Series)
Kip Thorne;Kip S. Thorne;Charles W. Misner;John Archibald Wheeler;John Wheeler
Progress: 48/1215 pages

Reading progress update: I've read 128 out of 330 pages.

Bath: Pevsner City Guide - Michael Forsyth

I skipped ahead and tested out one of the later Walks because it covers a part of town I've never been to before and have been meaning to visit for about a year. Today was a sunny day and I had to be in Bath on other business anyway so it was a perfect opportunity.

The guide was very informative and pointed out lots of buildings and features I probably would never have noticed otherwise but I found that I had to keep my wits about me because it would have been easy to get lost or miss something. The map provided is minimally adequate; taking a proper map of the city centre as well might be a good idea.

The architecture, settings and views were all amazing and I took heaps of photos, some of which I like. Here's one example:

Beaufort Lodge with Cavendish Crescent behind.